[tabs] [tab title=”What We Do”]
Retail Insights, LLC specializes in the simplification of big data into actionable insight.
- Customized. We take many different data feeds in different formats and bring them together to provide easily customizable reporting.
- Simple. It’s simple to use within client web interface, and requires no software to be installed.
- Interactive. We offer drillable reports and charts, including reports that are Excel-based and easily manipulated to allow for additional analysis.
Retail Insights, LLC starts with all of the most valuable and pertinent data and turns it into actionable insights. Such data includes: acquisition cost from suppliers, sales out/ship to customers, sell price/cost to customers, inventory/distribution center, point of sale (T-log level) and pharmacy POS/retail sales.
Bringing data to life
At Retail Insights, LLC, we are committed to your satisfaction when it comes to meeting your big data needs. We have partnered with many different types of businesses, from best-in-class, international conglomerates to innovative start-ups.
We have the experience to extract actionable insight from otherwise valueless data that can impact both the top and bottom lines of your business.
Key benefits to retailers
- Ability to handle POS data at transaction level
- Provide reports and tools to assist customers in growing their business
- Ability to handle data from disparate data sources
- Standardized hierarchy enables the category management team and supplier community to see the same view of category performance, talking the same language
- Dashboards customizable by customer and category
- Drill down capabilities from the dashboard down to the lowest level of the business
- Blocking and blinding capabilities (i.e. Category Managers, customers, suppliers see only the data authorized)
- Multiple hierarchies to view business in different ways (same store sales, field-supported stores, POG compliance, GNP stores)
- Automatic email delivery of reports
- Profitability by customer, brand/PL, channel, item
- Market basket analysis
- Inventory by DC or by store
- Distribution tracking and voids
[tab title=”How We Do It”]
Raw Data…Made Actionable in Context:
Retail Insights, LLC accumulates all of the actual, raw data and turns it into actionable insights by grouping it, organizing it, identifying trends and helping to benchmark industry trends against actual results.
Item data such as UPC, description and price are put into product groupings and segmentations:
- Sub-segments and categories
- By consumer need/disease state
- Custom product hierarchies
Vendor data, which is listed by brand, generic and by item, is grouped by geographic factors such as area, region, district, etc. as well as store segments and clusters.
Profitability data including penny profit and margins, charge-backs and inventory levels and turns becomes customizable reporting:
- Dashboards / scorecards
- Item analyses
- Promotional evaluations
How We Deliver It
We provide you with easy access to dashboarding. This is a very simple-to-use tool for the end user, showing all of the organized, actionable data.
Caption for image: A landing page with consumption KPI’s for multiple periods
User-friendliness is our top priority. While all of our reports are highly customizable, they are more importantly automated. Adjust your settings just once, and sit back as reports appear in your inbox every week/month/quarter.
The ability to understand the forces influencing a particular market has never been more important, given the pace of technology and the exponentially increasing speeds of information exchange. RDP provides the tools to view the trends affecting several key business components, including sales and inventory.
[tab title=”Retailer Benefits”]
Insights from data add value
PRODUCT: Value-added insights include assortment productivity, distribution voids, category/item productivity, private label opportunities and new item penetration.
PROMOTIONS: Acquire knowledge about event execution and tracking, base vs. incremental volume, promotional response/lift and promotional ROI.
PLACEMENT: Gain insights about stores not selling, inventory optimization (DC and store), planogram efficiency and store cluster opportunity.
PRICING/P&L: Observe regular vs. promoted pricing effectiveness, price gap, profitability and margin analysis and vendor P&L analysis.
Enhanced business planning adds value and impacts all facets of business and, ultimately, performance.
Improve productivity of front store
Key action items:
- Enhance efficiency by ensuring the right product mix, maximizing turns and identifying opportunities.
- Unify as a chain by establishing a common platform and ensuring consistent execution.
- Increase supplier support by elevating relevance, demonstrating performance and increasing trade spending.
- Improve shopper satisfaction due to enhanced product selection, ensuring supply and driving loyalty.
Drive sales, profitability and efficiency of front end.
Key action items:
- Drive effectiveness – Increase business understanding; optimize performance across entire supply chain.
- Increase supplier support – Drive category performance vs. expectations; increase trade spending.
- Enhance customer alignment – Add incremental value to customers; increase customer commitment.
- Expand market position – Gain market power through knowledge; aggregate performance across customers.
Significant Benefits for Retailers
Position: Gain market power through knowledge; drive sales and category performance vs. market.
Efficiency: Optimize forecast and planning; bring fact-base to decision-making.
Profitability: Identify growth opportunities; improve ROI of investments; track supplier profitability.
Satisfaction: Optimize product selection; ensure supply; drive loyalty.
Collaboration: Create a platform for collaboration among suppliers; align to common goals and drive supplier investment.
Consistency: Streamline data sets in a centralized location, accessible by retailers and manufacturers; fostering a unified data source for communication.
Inventory: With easy access to distribution center (DC) inventory, retailers can identify areas of excess inventory, promotional shortfalls, non-moving items, etc . Store level inventory provides retailers with ability to better forecast buys and lower inventory levels in their warehouse.