Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC collects the following types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through third-party applications to which you submit information.
1. Personal Information
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- In connection with the registration process for Registered Users;
- In connection with job applications; and
- When you voluntarily submit it to us, request information about our products and services, or sign up to receive information from us, or by sending us an e-mail.
2. Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect additional information on the Platform (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity. Information that we or our technology providers may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Platform, such as your IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of the Platform you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, and operating system.
c. From You. Information that you voluntarily provide to us that does not identify you personally.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information to provide you the Services, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners, to administer our rewards and promotional programs, and to improve our Services to you.
We may also use and/or share the Personal Information, the Other Information, and the User Content as described below.
- All of your User Content on the Platform will be publicly viewable and shareable by other users both within and outside the Platform.
- We may from time to time share Charity Representative Users’ Personal Information and Other Information with other companies who may provide such users information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, such users will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Personal Information and the Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our Platform and our products and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify individuals personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of the Personal Information and Other Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Personal Information and the Other Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Upon request, RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our agents hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting Retail Insights, LLC. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
Postal mail to:
Privacy Administrator, RETAIL INSIGHTS, LLC
119 South Cliff Road
Colonia, NJ 07067